Thursday, February 3, 2011

Miscellany

Clay is finally back in school a few days a week, now in the "lunch bunch" session. This afternoon session is only for 5 year olds, so there are far fewer children in this group. Clay seems to like this better -- less noise and confusion, more attention, more opportunities to make friends. His Montessori class has 26 kids, and for the winter that is just too many chances to catch a cold. He is slowly putting on weight and his energy is back. He (and JD) are enjoying a Karate class each Saturday. We are keeping our fingers crossed that February passes without any more drama. His next MRI is March 10. This is a big one for us---if things are stable we have a real chance to discuss taking Clay off chemo. Please pray for positive news from this MRI.

It hit me last night just how much time Clay has spent with JD and me this winter, after hearing his commentary while trying to open a Chinese fortune cookie. He was sitting at the kitchen table struggling with the cellophane, while I was nearby in the kitchen, and I hear: "Come on!! Easy to open?....who are they kidding?!" I don't think this is how most 5 year olds talk, is it?

Kristin, I am sorry to report that Clay has moved on...
On our way into the clinic last week he told me "I still love Kristin, but she is married now, so I have a new girlfriend." This new love is far younger (aren't they always?), and he is working on a Valentine necklace for her. But we sure miss you each week Kristin! Here is a birthday photo of our little heartbreaker, enjoying himself at the Zoo (thank you Lawrence for the photos!).


Mary

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like good news! We will keep our fingers crossed for March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! I love that Clay is making Valentine's Day necklaces for his new girlfriend! He's a young romantic, who clearly sounds like he's beyond just the "in training" ! But yes, even though I'm married, Clay will always be my little boyfriend (despite however many girlfriends will come along his way)!

    So glad to hear that things are going well for you all! I can't believe Clay just turned 5, is learning karate, and talking like he's 23 years old! Oh man, I miss you all!

    I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers as March 10th approaches. I imagine the anticipation grows with each passing day.

    I would l love to send you all an email, along with some pictures -- feel free to email me at kristen.mccauley@gmail.com.

    Please say hello to your whole family!

    Lots of love,

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete