Saturday, March 19, 2011

Great News

We met with Clay's doctor on Thursday. Since the tumor is stable and we are approaching the one-year mark of this protocol, we have decided to take Clay off chemotherapy for now. There is no predicting what is ahead...about 50% of children have no tumor growth in the first two years off chemo. So we will watch and pray. The next step is another MRI in three months. If that shows continued stability, then the port that is in his chest will be removed. Since we already skipped a week for our vacation, and the second week for the MRI, this is actually Clay's third week with no clinic visit, no anti-nausea medicine, no chemotherapy! This Friday, instead of going to the clinic, Clay was able to go to school. We went to the park, we walked the dog, we tried some corn beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day. The sun was shining in DC and the temperature reached 80 degrees. A great Friday.


  1. A great day, indeed! We will keep praying for our Clay!

  2. Great news - happy to hear that! xoxo, Erin